Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Evaluating

Lettuce...The whole garden...
Cilantro...
Lavender...
I have no clue...
Don't know what this is either...
or this...

My 32nd birthday is coming up and I have been thinking a lot about my life. I was reading my journals from junior high and high school and my plan was to read them all the way through and then burn them at Amelia's parents or sister's whenever they had one of their infamous summer bonfires. I needed to reread them and they were so depressing that I could only get through two of the eight. At this moment I want them gone, I would like to forget that they even exist. With that I say that things are going really great for us...we have plans, we own this house, I am starting grad. school either in a couple of weeks or in the fall, we are actually attempting to save some money, we are going to Seattle in October for Amelia's birthday and we are excited...

Another exciting adventure for us has been what to do with this house and the yard. When I was a kid my mom always had a garden and Amelia's family loves gardening so it made a ton of sense for us to plant a garden so we did (with Emily's help) a few weekends ago and above are some of the results. Including some flower shots...Enjoy, we certainly are.






























2 comments:

IncogKnito said...

I'm so jealous that you have a place to garden. I can't wait to own a home and be able to do that myself. Sigh.....

Pam said...

Surely your "lavender" is really lilac? The one underneath - the flowers look like columbine (aquilegia) but the leaves don't look right. The bottom one, the white, looks like philadelphus to me, the mock orange. Does it smell sweet, like orange blossom?

Thanks for your comment on my blog!