Thursday, June 14, 2007

Book Snob

So I've recently discovered that I am a book snob. I love funny books, but funny books that tell me something, teach me something, or take me somewhere. For instance I am probably Bill Bryson's biggest fan, I would marry him and bear his children if he asked, he has lead me on a hike through the Appalachian trail from my couch...he is a fabulously funny man so I enjoy and read pretty much everything he writes.

As you all know I am in a book club and in said book club one member chooses a new book for us to read about every 4-6 weeks...the most recent book was chosen by my dear friend Alyson, whom I love to death and know she doesn't read this blog, so I can say... I was not looking forward to reading this book. That said the book, The Undomestic Goddess was fabulous. It was COMPLETE fluff as I had expected and it was long...about 400 pages, detailed, captivating, and funny as hell. If you get a chance, read it (it took me about a day to read it)...it's definitely a chic's book, so if you are a chic looking for a beach book, a porch book, a lunch break book and you aren't interested in learning one damn thing ;) then read it!

2 comments:

Jen said...

going to pick mine up from the library tonight - can't wait! :)

IncogKnito said...

I finished it rather quickly, too. I've already written a blog post about it. Can't wait to post it. :) I thought it was pretty funny, too.