Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Tomorrow's the Day!

So tomorrow we have our 20 week ultrasound (even though I will be 22 weeks on Fridays) and boy am I nervous...I can't wait to find out the sex and see what the hell is going on in there...

A friend of a friend got some bad news today about her baby, who is due around the same time as ours, and I am really feeling for her...it is so scary, you try to do everything you can and something can go wrong at anytime and you'd never know...it's a very odd feeling.

We were emailing back and forth today and as she said "why is it, that so many people, have babies all the time? some that are on their like, 15th child, and they just plan on throwing them on top of the ye olde baby pile and moseying on to ye olde crack house" it is so true and so very sad...I see women all the time, that granted I do not know but I wonder how in the hell she could let herself get pregnant again when she is standing at the bus stop with 5 or 6 other kids in the snow, as big as a house with another and I'm like what the fuck? I just don't get it!

So needless to say I am keeping my fingers crossed for the friend of a friend.

Keep your fingers crossed...for a healthy baby!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, I'm excited for you!

The night Rosey was born, she was in the NICU. I was a total wreck. My room-mate was a very loud eighteen year old who spent two hours arguing with her mother about keeping her baby, since she already had three at home. Then she'd stomp off to smoke.

I hated her with a white-hot passion. My child was down in the ICU, I had no baby in my arms, and this TWIT wanted to throw her baby away.

Not the same circumstances, but I do understand what you mean.

Are you going to tell us?

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed and she's in my prayers that all is healthy and fine for your friends friend.
Jojo

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I know the worry can be stressful, but hang in there!