Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cooking

In general I'm not a very good cook. I do have a few things that I make well but not many and certainly nothing fancy. I can never remember recipes so I have tons of torn out pages from magazines in notebooks and loose ones just floating around in my desk. But...and this is a big but, I'm getting into it. I am liking foods that I never thought I would , especially green foods, spinach, asparagus, artichokes, and my favorite leeks.

I've been scouring the Internet for some good food sites, not sites like allrecipes.com (although I do use it) but ones that feature recipes without much searching on my part or guessing of what the hell an ingredient is...anyway, here are three that I really like.

What I love about this site is that I keep coming across it on blogs that I love and read weekly. These blogs are my favorites because they are so family focused...so I know that what I find here will be healthy, fast, and delicious.

Serious Eats
Not only great because you get quick recipes in nearly every post but I like recipes to include pictures. If I can't stand how it looks then I won't eat it. These pictures are as good as the ones featured in those great glossy magazines that make you drool at the book stores.

The Dinner Files
Simple as its title the author of this blog discusses dinner each day. Sometimes it includes recipes or just interesting trivia, either way I really dig it! I mean who knew that you actually could pop, literally pop, wild rice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will check these out, I can bake but cooking I hate

Jen said...

LOVE that molly at the dinner files...she's my "raising an adventurous eater" inspiration. :)

Amy Jo said...

I have a load of cooking magazines and cookbooks. If you ever want to take a look at them let me know.