Sunday, November 12, 2006

SUV

Yesterday I wrote that I was feeling really shitty about buying a new car and it being an SUV. Someone asked me a question in a comment that they left on my Insecurity is... post and I just wanted to answer.

san said...
Hi, the NaBloPoMo Randomizer brought me to your blog and I wanted to say "hi".Amelia is right. You've worked hard and you deserve a new car.On the other hand, it's kind of nice to read that you do care about other people and the environment. Why did it have to be a SUV?


The honest answer to that question is that I didn't even really realize it was an SUV...I was looking to buy something a bit bigger for loads of personal reasons, (one of those being that we have four pets and we need that space desperately) I am not going to go into the other reasons. I was actually looking to buy something sort of Jeepy and I genuinely thought that because this car wasn't as big as say a Hummer or Cadillac Escalade or all of the other gigantic SUV's that take up their lane and mine that it wasn't considered an SUV. That's the truth.

On a lighter note...I am feeling much better about it today. A friend of mine (the voice of reason) who is very conscious of others and the environment said it was good that I deserved it, so...I'm am feeling ok with it for now.

Thanks for all the feedback!
Peace!
Dawn

No comments: