Sunday, December 31, 2006

Out with the old...In with the new...

So when we bought our house, each room was painted quite nicely. I had only a few objections, one was the "baby" room that is painted with crazy ass Beatrix Potter (is that how you spell that?) murals...picture mice in shoes, etc... and the crazy ass dining room was painted dark and light green with a grape border...at first I liked it...it was original but no more. I am/was so over the grapes. So...we painted this week-end and here are a few shots from the fun...too bad you couldn't be here to help ;)

Oh, the blond is Amelia's little sister Emily who was so easily persuaded with the promise of pizza ;)
and yes that is my hand and no there wasn't more paint on me than on the walls as some of you may suspect!


































The finished product is dark gray below the chair rail and light gray above... I think it looks snazzy! Now if we could only figure out how to take down the horrible gold chandelier and spray paint it gray without getting ourselves electrocuted...hmmmm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lloyd says turn off the electric first then see whats there.

Anonymous said...

Ooh. I had to help a friend remove an unfortunate Aztec print dining room wallpaper border. What IS IT with those things?

ps: I don't think the shirt will photograph. I think it will just flash right back at the camera and blind us all. But when I find those pants, I will see what I can do.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yeah... if you turn the switch off, you won't get electrocuted taking the light down. I didn't know that. I thought you had to shut off the power at the breaker, but this is not the case.

It's not that hard, either. I've done it myself. Usually it's just removing screws and untwisting wire caps, and the wires should be color coded.