Monday, February 19, 2007

I'm pretty sick...so this is what you get

1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
And here it is:

When I was little, I was so girlie and ambitious, I was practically a drag queen. Moreover, she could, when it served her purpose, command an almost irresistible charm--as, indeed, can any true witch. He also didn't change his voice: his every utterance was delivered in the Poetry-Reading Voice-stifled, self-conscious, in awe of its own profundity. She said we might as well do our gifts now. I can begin with the bruise.

For the record, my five books were…
1. Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress- Susan Jane Gilman
2. A Documentary History of Prejudice against Women IN HER PLACE- S.T. Joshi
3. That's True of Everybody- Mark Winegardner
4. Occasions of Sin- Sandra Scofield
5. A Student of Weather-Elizabeth Hay

No comments: