Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blood everywhere

Today while G and I were watching Yo Gabba Gabba she decided to dance.

In general she is pretty stable on her feet. I don't have to be too close to her because she DOES NOT fall down. Today was another story. She was standing up, dancing, and holding onto her red polka-dot chair and thud, the hit was so loud that I seriously thought she had just flipped the chair over...but no...it was her face that hit the ground (hardwood floors) that hard.

I got to her and she was covered in blood...and then I was covered in blood...and then the floor was covered in blood...and then the towels were covered in blood...you get the picture. I am in general pretty good with blood, no problems seeing it, etc...but not when it's your own kid. I have never ever ever ever seen her bleed, did I say I've never seen her bleed?!?! She just kept pressing her face into my neck and bouncing on me and climbing on me...I was in shock...I had no idea what to do, who to call, how to react. I didn't know if she had knocked out any of her 6 teeth, if she had maybe swallowed one of them, if her nose, neck, ears, whatever was/were broken...I didn't cry which looking back I can't believe but WOW...here's a couple of pictures.

You can't see it but there is blood all over my neck, arms, hands...you would think I had single handedly taken out a few members of a gang or something.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, honey, is everyone ok??

LabLover said...

Poor baby!!! I am sure that you were freaking out inside!

Anonymous said...

proof of being a great mom, being there and freaking out later when its over... a good cry in the shower works wonders...jojo